The Wild Bird Habitat Stores would like to recognize and thank all those involved in the renovation of the Irene & George Alexander Bird Garden at the Pioneers Park Nature Center:
• The Wild Bird Habitat Store Staff
• Pioneers Park Nature Center Staff
• Corey Hasselhorst, MLA, RLA, Wildlife Landscape Architect
• Becky Seth, Pioneers Park Nature Center Naturalist, Retired
• Aaron Druery & crew, Pioneers Park Nature Center Land Management
• Nancy Furman, Director Pioneers Park Nature Center
• Terry Genrich, Natural Resource Manager Lincoln Parks & Recreation
• Brian “The Pond Guy” Huntington
• Bob Hendrickson, Nebraska Statewide Arboretum
• LuAnn Finke, Finke Gardens
• Lincoln City Forestry Department
• Reams Sprinkler Service, discount on pond supplies
• General Excavating, discount on more than 8 tons of rock & boulders
And a very special thanks to Roger Hirsch, nephew of Irene & George Alexander and the Alexander children and grandchildren who provided funding for the more than $3000 in habitat plantings to attract birds and butterflies to the renovated bird garden.
The Wild Bird Habitat Stores would also like to recognize the citizens of Lincoln and the surrounding area for their on-going support for the Pioneers Park Nature Center where in 2013 the Nature Center will be celebrating 50 years of wildlife conservation, environmental education and outdoor recreation. A place where families and individuals can connect with nature.